Monday, November 2, 2015

granny blanket : lotus pavilions & kata

Happy November!
How is it November already?!  Halloween is over, and Christmas has hit the stores in full force.  And we are winding down with the last handful of granny squares to complete our blanket.  

WEEK FORTY FOUR || Lotus Pavilions
This is another favorite square.  I love the way the back-post crochet makes the stitches pop, and the lines the pattern creates.
I did omit the last 3 rounds, ending instead with round 12.  My round 13 went like this:
in corner: 3sc
*sk 1 stitch, sc in next 5, {dc 2 tog, sc in next 2} x2, dc 2 tog, dc, hdc, 2sc, sc 2 tog at top of point, 2sc,  hdc, dc, dc 2 tog, {2sc, dc 2 tog} x 2, sc in next 4, sk 1 stitch, 3sc in corner Repeat from * around and join with sl st to first sc.


WEEK FORTY FIVE || Kata
I had hooked up this block for the first granny blanket I ever made.  It's a beautiful square and fun to hook up the various clusters.  


1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!