Monday, September 7, 2015

granny blanket : 2 squares

Happy Labor Day!  
I'm so grateful to have this 3-day weekend to do a ton of catch up.
We returned to school this past week, and I went from staying home full time for the summer to working 5 full days. It's been a bit of a shock to my system after 74 consecutive lazy-dayz of summer!  Slowly, I am adjusting to our new normal around here, the routines, the homework, the hockey practices, the dinner planning, prepping and cooking.  It has been one heck of a week!

But I do feel like I am crawling back on top and will hopefully be organized by tonight for the week ahead.  So let's get on with last week's and this week's squares.

WEEK THIRTY SIX || Drop in the Bucket
by Janie Herrin

 This was a fast little square to hook up.  The pattern was very easy to follow and predictable.

WEEK THIRTY SEVEN || 10-Petal Flower
by Joyce Lewis
 This was a fun square to hook.  I love the look of the surface crochet in the center of the flower created in the last round of the pattern.  I did three different color changes: yellow for round 1, white for round 2, and pink for rounds 3 & 4; as opposed to the single color the pattern calls for.  I also added a round of hdc between rounds 9 & 10 to fit my blanket.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!