Monday, January 13, 2014

mood blanket monday weeks 1&2

Happy Monday to you!
I have jumped hook first into a Crochet-Along project for 2014: the Crochet Mood Blanket.

It was started by a little Instagrammer named mummy_stacey.  She posted a modest little idea she had: to crochet a square a day in a color to match your mood, and it took off like CRAZY.
There are now thousands of hooking participants and a Facebook page with nearly 2500 members!  Don't you love it?!

Anyway I'm in, and have been loving tracking my moods, being mindful of my emotions and what makes them so.  This project has also helped me to focus on the positive (who wants an all grey and black blanket?).

Here's my blanket so far
I'm using Priscilla Hewitt's Simple Square pattern and her Flat Braid Join method to hook up my blanket.  The tutorial for the join is here; scroll to the end for the square pattern. 


And here's a look at each of my squares and moods for the first two weeks:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7

Day 8
Day 9

Want to join in?  We're not too far into the new year that you couldn't catch up pretty easily.  Choose a square pattern and a yarn color for today and getting hooking!

4 comments:

  1. I am always appreciative of all the ideas that we can find on the net. if I did I would be excited about the hook to make these squares every day ! very pretty I love what you did !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vero! I wonder what we all did before the internet!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Trish! I am loving this project!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!