Monday, October 4, 2010

World Card Making Day

I was caught behind the eight ball with this year's WCMD, but did manage to scrape out 2 cards over the weekend (amidst my frantic and crazed reorganizing binge: three closets, my stUdio, the attic, part of a basement, the scrap paper bin--nothing was safe!  I have no idea where the organizing thing came from but I was not about to question it).

Using up some OLD Prima flowers (remember those little 'Got Flowers' in the cute mini milk bottles?).  Ran the white mat through the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug folder.

Created the flowers on this card in a few simple steps.


  1. Free cut various-sized circles from raw canvas.
  2. Paint them with a wash of acrylic paint and let dry (or zap 'em with the ol' heat gun if you're impatient like me)
  3. Layer them, add a button center and stitch them all together.
  4. Glue to ribbon stems adorned with bookprint-cut leaves washed in green acrylic.

1 comment:

  1. Featuring your canvas flowers on my Canvas Inspiration post today....so very, very pretty!
    http://estherscardcreations.blogspot.com/2012/04/canvas-inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!