Monday, July 5, 2010

A bit more Bloggy Catch-Up

This one is from  Jules' Friday Sketch from last weekend.  Got a chance to put a LO together using it, and what do you know?  It's a page of me!  The photo was one of my Daily Mug Shot photos, and the journaling was written in the wee hours of the morning when I was too wound up from creating to sleep, yet so tired and exhausted.


I replaced two of the photos with pattern paper and masked the title with some gesso to create a journaling spot.

This card was for a card-a-day challenge at For the Luv of Art.  I think they do these every week. Cards are a great way to get the creative juices flowing in a no pressure kind of way.  And when you're done you've got a little bit of love to send to someone special!

And now for a couple of projects that fell through the bloggy cracks.  I know exactly how it happened too, they needed journaling and I was going to wait until I added the journaling to post them.  Well, that just didn't happen b/c here they still sit journaling-less.

I've got the journaling all written up, but couldn't get it to fit on the LO.  Whoops!


And this one was for Teresa's June challenge to use a doily on your LO.  I {heart} me some doilies in a big ole way so I was more than happy to put some doily lovin' on my page.  And what's almost as good as doilies?  A banner.  So I combined the two into a "doil-anner", a little term I coined myself.  Think it will catch on?!


I think that's it.

Oh, one more piece of exciting news from one of my bestest blogging buddies, the lovable (and uber creatively gifted) Lolly Chops.  She was scooped up by the amazing Donna Downey to be one of the teachers at Inspired. I am so ecstatic for her, and she's pretty psyched, too.  And I know Donna's thrilled to have her, too.  So all in all, it's just one big happy, creative family out here!  Oh, and if you read about a man-hunt for a sunglass-ed woman with a piece of patterned paper stuck in her hair, and ribbon dragging from her foot who robbed a bank, please don't turn me in.  I'm just trying to come up with some cashola for Inspired!

And don't forget to tune in on Friday night for the ATC webshow.  Deets here.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I just now saw this! What a super sweet post!

    I love ALL of your creations too! Those doily banners are my FAVS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I won't turn you in for something small like robbing a bank. I will be too busy going through your trash bags this Friday morning searching for scraps of that pink paisley paper -- so PERFECT for that layout!! (as if you would throw the tiniest bit of that away, and neither would I!) You are so right. Sleeping is a waste of time!

    -- Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who ARE those cute kids anyway?
    :-)
    You have been busy, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!