Friday, March 26, 2010

Crochet Headband

Just a quick project share. I finished this up the other night at our Chicks with Sticks meeting (it's so fun to have friends to get crafty with!) I broke the 'rules' a bit and busted out the crochet (not the knitting) because I still can't get enough of it.

Gosh, I look a bit evil in that picture--must be the smirky grin.
Here's a close up:
The pattern uses the shell stitch (just groups of double-crochets).  The Suite 101 website where I originally found this pattern no longer exists.  Here it is for you:

  • ch14
  • foundation row: sc in 2nd ch from hook; (skip next 2 ch, 5dc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch) twice; turn. (2 shells made)
  • row1: ch3 (counts as 1dc); 2dc in first sc, skip next 2dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 5dc in next sc, skip next 2dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2dc, 3dc in last sc; turn. (2 partial shells and 1 complete shell made)
  • row 2: ch1 sc in first dc; (skip 2 dc, 5dc in next sc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc) twice; turn. (2 shells made)
  • Repeat rows 1 and 2 until work measures approx. 21½" long, ending with row 1.  Fasten off
  • Sew the first and last rows together.

3 comments:

  1. I love the hair bands. My duplicating stops here though. I have no clue how to create one. I did however get inspired by your page and made one of my own. I love it and wanted to thank you for the inspiration. Its very important to think of yourself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for the link! I {heart} crochet!!

    ♥ Melissa~
    Pink Paper Peppermints

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!