Saturday, October 3, 2009

He-She & Big Brother

Today was a totally dreamy day in the stUdio. The boys (all four of them) occupied themselves on this rainy Saturday morning while I thumbed-through photos. I came across these first two and was instantly reminded of the story behind their taking: Logan needed photos of his parents at their jobs for a school project. These became the perfect basis for a rare LO about hubby and I, a sort of juxtaposition of the roles we play on a daily basis (I, by far, have the funner job, but he undoubtedly makes more $$). Journaling reads: He spends his days on phone calls and meetings, surrounded by papers, at a desk, with clients, wearing suits and ties. She spends her days changing diapers and washing faces, surrounded by toys, on the floor, getting hugs and kisses, wearing sweats.
I created the He/She tags by stamping the figures on the backside of PP and cutting them out. The letters are cut with the Big Shot.
This second LO used this Pencil Lines sketch: Both of these layouts use paper from My Mind's Eye's Bloom and Grow line. Love the colors and softness of this collection.

3 comments:

  1. Love your Pencil Lines LO :) Don't forget to send it to our readers gallery too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. left your site thinking that I need a Dixie Pieces kit, need to scrapbook a LO using circles, and that I need a picture of my husband working...Phew...I now have a lot more on my to do list. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you don't have a button, or I couldn't find one. If you email a button (you design on or just take a picture of a craft and send to me) I can probably turn it into a button for you. I'm still learning so I can't guarentee it, but I was able to creat one for my swap, so I don't see why I couldn't creat one for you.

    I don't have photoshop software or anything like that so I can't design it. But I know the html code to post it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!